Five Most Common Causes of Water Damage in Your Home
Indoor plumbing and access to clean water are luxuries that we enjoy everyday. These things are wonderful to have and can become such a routine part of life that we don't pay much attention to them...…….until that water is some place it shouldn't be. Below is a list of the five most common causes of water damage in the home. Regular monitoring and maintenance of these systems can help keep your water where it should be and prevent water damage to your home.
1. Bursting or Leaking Pipes- Blockages or backups in pipes can cause over-pressurization of the pipe and lead to a leak or burst.
2. Plumbing Problems- These issues can be caused by tree roots, backed up garbage disposals, and ill-fitting or poorly connected joints and hoses.
3. Basements and Roofs- A leaky roof or structurally compromised basement can invite water damage, flooding and even mold.
4. Appliances- Water supply lines to appliances like refrigerators and dishwashers are another common water damage culprit. These lines can break, leak and/or disconnect and dump significant amounts of water when they do.
5. Air conditioners- Air conditioners and HVACs that aren't properly cared for can lead to moisture buildup and lead to mold problems.